JOIN US ON THURSDAY AUGUST 20 FOR AN EXCLUSIVE ONLINE EVENT WITH BUFFY SAINTE-MARIE
Iconic indigenous Canadian-American singer-songwriter, Buffy Sainte-Marie is partnering with Humane Canada™ for the first time by donating partial proceeds of her latest children’s book, Hey Little Rockabye.
In this tender and moving picture book, a puppy is looking for someone to love him. Will the girl who rescues him convince her parents to let her keep the little dog? Buffy Sainte-Marie advocates “putting the songs to work” and, like her other lyrics, Hey Little Rockabye conveys an important message about finding love and acceptance. Stream song here.
Brought to life in charming illustrations by Ben Hodson, Hey Little Rockabye shares a not-yet-released song with the world for the first time.
Buffy Sainte-Marie has made her voice heard worldwide through her music, art, and activism, establishing herself among the ranks of music greats. Her long career has seen her rise to stardom on the festival and performing arts circuit, with forays into country, rock, folk, soundtracks, acting, activism, and children’s television. Now, she adds children’s picture book author to her incredible list of accomplishments.
Ben Hodson is an award-winning illustrator of more than twenty children’s books. He lives with his family in Peterborough, Ontario.
About the event:
- The event will be held on Zoom on Thursday, August 20 at 7 PM EST.
- Your $25 ticket includes an exclusive link to access the event on Zoom, and a hard copy of the book. Please buy your ticket as soon as possible to ensure you’ll receive the book in the mail on time.
- Buffy Sainte-Marie will read her children’s book and perform her lullaby while talking about her pets and the importance of pet adoption.
- The book reading will be followed by a Q&A. You are welcome to submit your questions ahead of time, and your question may be selected for the Q&A.
- Proceeds will support Humane Canada™ and our mission to end animal cruelty, improve animal protection and promote the humane treatment of all animals.
A message from Buffy Sainte-Marie:
We look forward to “seeing you” online on August 20. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Natalia Hanson, Marketing and Communications Coordinator at Humane Canada™ at firstname.lastname@example.org