The Legal Keystone Report is about understanding Canada’s legal system for animals and whether it is humane. The report identifies serious problems to be addressed and lays out a roadmap of practical solutions to make our country more humane.
- Read the Legal Keystone Report and educate yourself about the ways animals are not adequately represented in Canada’s legal system.
- Think about how you can personally take action to support greater accountability in the law when animals are harmed. A few examples might be:
- Have conversations with friends and family about what a humane country looks like.
- Meet with your local MP or write to them about what needs to change.
Find your local MP.
- Share information and ideas on social media or via email.
- If you’re part of an organization that works on these or related issues, check out this page.
- Download the project overview report, Measuring Progress Toward a Humane Canada
- Explore the Legal Keystone
- Download the Legal Keystone Report, Toward a Humane Justice System for Animals
- Media coverage