We want to build a better Canada with you!
If you’re a rescue, sanctuary, municipal animal control agency or animal advocacy group looking to connect with a national federation of SPCAs and humane societies, you’ve come to the right place. We welcome you to add your voice to the largest animal welfare community in Canada!
Humane Canada Associate Structure
Note that voting membership is only available to Humane Societies and SPCAs.
Non-voting membership in Humane Canada is based on the following criteria:
- Your organization agrees that Humane Canada represents you at the national level.
- Your organization supports industry-recognized shelter standards and guidelines.
Potential associates might include the following types of organizations:
- Municipally-run animal control agencies
- Animal rescues
- Animal sanctuaries
- Issue-based organizations
- Spay/neuter or feral cat care groups
- Animal associations (organizations that are a collective of other groups)
- Transition houses
- Registered not-for-profit animal welfare organizations
- International animal welfare groups
Please note that the following organizations are not eligible to become associates of Humane Canada:
- Humane Societies or SPCAs
- For-profit animal control agencies
*Individuals: Note that Humane Canada does not currently have a membership program for individuals. But you can join us in our fight to improve the lives of Canada’s animals by helping to fund our work.
The annual associate fee is only $220.
Do you meet the criteria above?
Apply to become a Humane Canada Associate here.