The Legal Keystone Report is about understanding Canada’s legal framework for animals and whether it is humane. The report identifies serious deficiencies to be addressed and lays out a roadmap of practical solutions policy-makers can implement to make it more humane.
- Read the Legal Keystone Report and consider current levels of accountability in the law when animals are harmed.
- Bring the Legal Keystone Report forward for discussion and debate with your staff and with colleagues in Parliament, caucus, or Cabinet.
- Request a meeting with Humane Canada for a briefing on how the federal government can use the Legal Keystone Report to improve protection for animals and vulnerable Canadians.
- Partner with us when you want to explore or advance policy issues.
- Watch for the release of future keystone reports in the coming months.